Saturday, July 28, 2012

Mother Daughter Tag Team!

I've been slacking when it comes to my recipe goal for the summer. I've been cooking, but it hasn't been as frequent, and it has been recipes I'm familiar with. However, on Tuesday my mom and I whipped up a great recipe together!


In the mist of cleaning and catching up on Army Wives, we made Pesto Chicken. Recently my mom went to a BBQ where the host made this. I had never had pesto, and since we had a ton of basil in the garden it seemed like the perfect opportunity.


There was only one problem. The pesto recipe called for cheese, and many of the other recipes called for butter. However, with a quick google search we found a dairy free recipe for pesto on Go Dairy Free


Pesto Chicken

1 cup of basil
¼ cup of olive oil
1/8 tsp. of salt
1 clove of garlic
¼ cup of pine nuts


In a food processor, place the pine nuts, then the garlic and salt, then the oil, and then the basil.Press down the basil. Pulse the ingredients about five times to get them mixed a bit. Blend the ingredients until they well combined, leaving a little coarseness. Let pesto sit so flavors can blend. 

If you are making a marinade, add more olive oil after the pesto is made. Place chicken and marinade in zip lock bag for at least 30 minutes. Cook chicken on preheated grill. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. I am so happy I found this blog it has so many great tips and I WILL BE MAKING these tonight!
    Thank you for your help :)
    xox
    Ash
    http://abpetite.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you found me! Hope you enjoyed this meal!!

    ReplyDelete